Skip to main content
Solved

Change sender to user who triggert the power automate flow

Dear all,

I made a power automate flow who create a envelope in docusign.

When a user create a contract in dataverse/dynamics 365 CE an envelope is created in docusign.

The sender of the envelope is now the owner of the connection in power automate. 

Is it possible to change the sender in to the person who triggers the flow?

Gr Ronald  

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@RonaldVDB 

As you stated correctly the envelope will be created and send from the user that was used to create the connection in Power Automate, where you logged in as that specific user.

There is the option to set up Shared Access to allow “Send on behalf of”, which would grant other users the permission to send envelopes from their user account.

However, I don’t think this feature is currently made available through the Docusign connector in Power Automate, so you would need to build the flow that way, that it is executed as the user you want to send it with, which means they have to once authenticate to create their own connection.

Badge +1

that's right, I made the flow and the connections. these are in my name now. 

when another user triggers the flow, the flow contains an action:create envelope. if you look in Docusign, the envelope is in my name instead of the user.

Thats obvious not what we want.

I want the envelope sender name on the user who triggers the flow.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

When you share the Power Automate flow with the users, you can configure that the users need to provide the Docusign connection. The envelope step will run with in their connection and the envelope will be send from their account and in their name.

Badge +1

Isn't there any other solution to this problem? It seems to me that everyone who uses Power Automate and Docusign runs into this.

Can this perhaps be solved by writing a create envelope in an http/post request?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @RonaldVDB ,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue?  If so, we would appreciate if you could share the solution and mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Badge +1

Hi Alejandro,

Helaas heb ik nog geen oplossing voor het probleem.

Het is nog steeds zo dat ik niet de sender kan aanpassen in Power Automate.

Nu is het de user die de verbinding heeft aangemaakt in de flow naar docusign.

De sender moet juist de persoon zijn die de flow triggert.

Ik hoor graag als iemand hier een oplossing voor heeft.

Gr. Ronald

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @RonaldVDB,

Thank you for following up.

At this moment our Community only supports English as its main language. However, I have taken the liberty of translating your answer to English, in an effort to assist as much as possible. Please take into consideration that posting in languages other than English breaks the Community Code of Conduct, available below:

https://community.docusign.com/site/terms

To answer your question, as mentioned by @Michael.Rave  the default behavior of most integrations with eSignature will create their envelopes through the user that originally configured the application. This is the case with Power Automate, but it differs in that you also have the option of customizing your workflow's user authentication settings, so that the user triggering the workflow can be related to the envelope that will be created. This can be accomplished by including a “Login” action prior to the rest that will be included in the workflow. More details on this action can be found, here:

Docusign for Microsoft Power Automate

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Hi Alejandro,

Unfortunately, I still don’t have a solution for the problem.

It’s still the case that I can’t adjust the sender in Power Automate.

Currently, it’s the user who has established the connection in the flow to DocuSign.

The sender should actually be the person triggering the flow.

I’d appreciate it if someone has a solution for this.

Best regards, Ronald

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @RonaldVDB,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Were you able to add the Log in action in your workflow? And if that is the case, what results did you get?

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Hi Alejandro,

I have added the Login action, and the return message now provides the credentials of the person who triggers the flow. However, the envelope still comes in the name of the connection owner

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @RonaldVDB,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

After researching along with our Power Automate Engineers, I have confirmed that the Login action will not work for this specific use case. Senders within Power Automate are usually service account users, not individual users due to the application’s design.

Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation. If you’re a Docusign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Best regards,  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!