Skip to main content

I have created template and attached the policy in that. And then using automate to create a pdf which needs signature and after that created envelop using template and then used add document action to add the pdf which needs sign. 

As of now when I am sending this to customer they can see both policy and pdf when click on review document button present in email. 

Requirement is to attach the policy pdf as an attachment to the email not inside the envelop. 

@huzaiffarooqui 

You cannot attach the policy pdf as an attachment to the email from DocuSign. All uploaded documents will become part of the envelope and can only be securely access through the DocuSign platform.

You can set up the policy pdf as a supplemental document inside the envelope and then specify an action, ranging from “none” to “read and accept”.

I am not getting the option to setup the policy pdf as supplement document in Automate. Can you help me which action I have to use in Automate to specify that?

@huzaiffarooqui 

This may not be an action that is available in the standard Power Automate connector at this point in time, but I assume the policy is a static document, which is not individually generated. In that case I would add it to the DocuSign eSignature template and configure it as supplemental document there.

In general I would suggest to test it in the DocuSign eSignature Web App first and if successful, then see how it can be invoked from Microsoft Power Automate to get the same result as your test.

I have tried that option too. I have attached static policy pdf in a template. On clicking the 3 dots near to the uploaded policy, not getting option to configure as supplemental document. 

Please check the screenshot. Is It some functionality I have to ask docusign team to enable for my account. 

can you please help me . Its urgent and need to implement this ASAP.  @Derrick.Tran 

@Christopher.Alpizar can you check that too. Not getting reply from experts too. 

@huzaiffarooqui

On the screenshot you can see that the option is not available. It may not be included in your DocuSign plan or if included it may not be enabled on the account or your permission profile.

Supplemental documents must be enabled for your account and included in your user permissions profile. Check with your DocuSign Administrator if you do not have access to the feature as presented in this help guide.

Hi @huzaiffarooqui,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!