Skip to main content

Hi,

I am consuming Doc gen api to automatically generate a document in which I have an image tab.

<# <Image Select="//Internal_Signature" Height="1" Width="2" Optional="true"/> #>

My original image is very small and need not exceed height and width of 1 inches, but I am unable to add less than 1 inches in the above parameter.

Template is in a word doc which I am passing to api

The one highlighted is from the image tag, original image is below.

Can someone share inputs on how to adjust the image size

@Nikhil Elias

It would be the easiest to resize the image to the desired width and height before adding it to Docusign CLM. You can use any software that you have available to achieve this. That way you can scale it as needed and there is no re-scaling required when loading the image into CLM.

Hi @Michael.Rave 

I have the resized image ready, the issue is if I try to use the image tag without specifying any height and width, I get error from the response

FATAL_ERROR System.StringException: Unrecognized base64 character: {

this goes away If I specify height and width in the image tag. Moreover the parameters are in inches and do not accept decimal point values

Also this is not in CLM but doc gen API
https://developers.docusign.com/docs/docgensend-api/reference/accounts/envelopes/creategenandconvertenvelopes/

@Nikhil Elias 

According to this Docusign Support Article you need so specify the height and width and it is in inches, as you stated. I have not used the image tag in Word documents before when implementing CLM in the past. 

When I have used quite a lot with images, especially different logos for different brands being in the same base document, is putting a conditional tag around the images to only show only the desired one.