Skip to main content

Hello Team,

I have created 5 documents. I want to send these documents to different recipients. For Example: 

Document 1 -- To be signed by Signer 1

Document 2 -- To be signed by Signer 1

Document 3 -- To be signed by Signer 2

Document 4 -- To be signed by Signer 3

Document 4 -- To be signed by Signer 4

Is it possible to send these all these 5 documents in a single envelope via DocuSign Rest API?

Thanks!!

Hello Raj,

You can check the Recipient Document Visibility Classes, they allow a recipient to view or hide a document from a recipient. Note that that are some restrictions such as a document cannot be hidden if there are tabs associated to a recipient or roles as Carbon Copy, Certified Delivery (Needs to Sign), Editor, and Agent always see the Envelope Documents.

You can check in detail the API Method recipientDocumentVisibilityUpdate in detail below:
https://developers.docusign.com/docs/esign-rest-api/reference/envelopes/envelopedocumentvisibility/update/

Thanks,

Hello @Eduardo.Silva ,

Thanks for the response and mentioning about the restrictions. Actually, we do have a below requirement where both signers and carbon copy users will not be able see the other documents. 

Document 1 -- To be signed by Signer 1, Carbon copy user 1

Document 2 -- To be signed by Signer 1, Carbon copy user 2

Document 3 -- To be signed by Signer 2, Carbon copy user 2

Document 4 -- To be signed by Signer 3, Carbon copy user 3

Document 4 -- To be signed by Signer 4, Carbon copy user 4

Based on the your answer, I assume this cannot be acheived via recipient document visibility. 

Can you please let us know if we can achieve this requirement with a single envelope or should we create separate envelopes everytime for every document?

Thanks!!

Regards,

Rajagopal