Skip to main content
Question

Open the authorization URL to authorize

• 22 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to write google appscirpt to get docusign signature using OAuth2 service for Authorization Code Grant flow, i have manually run the URL, but from the code i get the following error “Open the authorization URL to authorize”

@madhu77 

When you manually run the URL do you get a prompt to authorize the app?   This step is necessary for OAuth2. After authorization, this should not appear again.   You will still need to refresh your token because they have a short expiration time.

It seems like you ran the appscript and it returned the error "Open the authorization URL to authorize." Since this type of error isn't returned by Docusign but I assume it was returned by Google's appscript, you can get the most accurate answer from Google. 

As John mentioned, I also think you didn't grant consent and thus got this error. When you use an Authorization Code Grant, you should grant consent before obtaining the access token. Please refer to "Step 1. Request the authorization code" on this page for more information about granting consent: https://developers.docusign.com/platform/auth/authcode/authcode-get-token/