Skip to main content
Question

Integration to REST that will get the # of licensed users.

• 5 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I want to use the REST API to get identify the licensed users and their email addresses.  I can get the users by using the Organziation REST API or the accounts REST API. 

Which one is the correct one to use:

/restapi/v2/accounts/<accountID>/users gives me the user in the account

while

'/Management/v2/organizations/<OrgID>/users?account_id=<accountId> also gives me the users 

Since I have to specify the account ID in both cases i don’t really see an advantage to one over the other… Thoughts?

One reason i am leaning towards the /restapi/v2/accounts call is that i could also get the bilingPlan information.

Hello Team

That's a good question. The primary difference between the Organization API and the Accounts API in DocuSign lies in their scope and functionality.

Organization API is focused on managing organizational-level settings, configurations, and resources within DocuSign. Also, It allows administrators to programmatically manage account settings, users, groups, templates, branding, permissions, and other organizational-level features. To be more clear,. It's typically used for tasks related to account administration and management at a higher level within an organization's DocuSign account.

Where as Accounts API is around managing specific DocuSign user accounts and their associated stuff. It’s basically allows developers to integrate DocuSign functionality directly into their applications by managing envelopes, documents, templates, recipients, and other user-specific actions. Its main benefits are for tasks like  creating and sending envelopes, retrieving envelope status, accessing documents, managing recipients, and performing other actions related to individual user accounts.

In overall, the Organization REST API is geared towards managing organizational-level settings in DocuSign, while the Accounts REST API handles actions related to individual user accounts within the organization.

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue and mark it as resolved.

--
Thanks & Regards

Sai HariPriya Dandamudi | Developer Support Engineer | DocuSign