Skip to main content

Hello, 

We’ve been asked to integrate eSignature in one of our internal web applications (named Talent) so our users can sign electronically during annual assessments.

I’m in charge for integrating DocuSign in Talent using Authorization Code Grant flow. I have followed the example provided in GitHub and added another AuthenticationScheme in the client as the default one is already used.

However, I met a CORS issue when calling DocuSign as a preflight request was sent before the original request and failed as the header “Access-Control-Allow-Origin” was missing.

In my first attempt, I tried to enable CORS in the integration application from DocuSign “My Keys and Apps”, not working, then I implemented a CORS middleware following Microsoft documentation, but it didn’t solve my problem. So I need some guidance to implement the authentication to DocuSign correctly.

The architecture of our application is 3-tier architecture: one client-server web application (Net.Core 6) and the database server. We use AJAX for sending requests to the client and a middleware is configured to handle the requests between the client and server, but most DocuSign implementation is done in the client while the server will handle the status update in the database.

And it’s been a few days I tried my best to implement it but I’m stuck to this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Yefan. 

Hello Admin,

Thank you for contacting Docusign Customer Support. 

We appreciate the detailed description. 

This guide has examples and the list of requisites to setup CORS with our API:
https://developers.docusign.com/docs/esign-rest-api/how-to/request-signature-in-cors-app-embedded/

Best regards,

Adrian | Docusign Customer Support