Skip to main content
Solved

get signer attachments via api

• 6 September 2024
  • 5 replies

Hey,

I’m sending via API to a signer an envelope created from template, which has fields to fulfill including attachments (multiple)

I need to separate the attachments that are added by the signer, sometimes it’s just one page, sometimes multi-page documents.

I already https://www.docusign.com/blog/developers/getting-signer-attachments-using-the-esignature-rest-api and I don’t get desired outcome.

What I have noticed is that once the signer add any attachment it’s added to the document as new page, and there is not ID I could use to distinguish which page is from initial document, or is an attachment

How can I separate the initial document and each attachment filed?

@ionmoraru_toptal 

you can list the documents in envelope. if you can the documents of one recipient, you should find the tabs which include signerAttachmentTabs and find the document id, then you can download this document.

Calling this endpoint will list all of the documents in the envelope, which will now include the document(s) that your signer uploaded. The only identifying information that you will have for the document(s) that they uploaded will be the name of the document, but this is based on what the signer saved the file as, so it may not be helpful in identifying what the document is. Instead, you should reference the attachmentTabId against the tabId from the previous step, as this will help you identify which attachment is which if there are multiple attachments. Once you have located the attachment that you want, you will then use the documentId in the next step to download the attachment.

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.

this information I already tried from the article above, it doesn’t provide a solution.

because:
the attachments just added extra pages to the initial document, so there is no way to know which page is an attachment and which is another

so far I can compare the number of pages from the template document (ex: documentId: “1”, “pages”.length == 3)
and after the signer add attachments (ex: documentId: “1”, “pages”.length == 😎, in the case when signer add 2 page file and 3 page file, there is no way to know where first attachment starts and end

I use Node SDK, could it be a limitation

Do you mean download the document as combined? You can download documents one by one as separate. 

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

ahhh… my silly mistake

in settings I had checked “Append attachments to the document with the attachment field” 

I appreciate your help, it lead me to solve it ;)

have a lovely day!

Haha, good news.

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile