Skip to main content
Solved

DocuSign Authentication for ESB's

• 7 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I need to integrate DocuSign through ESB(IBM App Connect) using an API, I'm looking for authentication method and as per documentation and all the methods states below step

Step 1. Request the authorization code which requires to get the code through browser before getting the access token. Link https://developers.docusign.com/platform/auth/authcode/authcode-get-token/ 

My challenge is How to get this code using postman via API since this code generates through browser only and requires user consent ? or is there any other way to get this code ?

@mohithitsuccess

The consent is only required once per user or can be granted via a Trusted App for the integration key. You can use any redirect URI and copy the code once from the browser as you stated.

You may want to look at using the JWT instead of the Auth Code Grant, as this sounds like a system integration. This decision tree helps you to determine which type is suggested.

Thanks @mrave but I’m looking for options where I can get this code from response of an API and not through browser or of there is other better option to authenticate may be basic auth if DocuSign permits

@mohithitsuccess 

I suggest you look at obtaining Admin consent for an internal application, as described here.

The call should be make from your application that you set up with a redirect URI. If you use a browser for easy set up in the demo environment the code will be delivered back to that browser instead.

Docusign does not support basic auth as this is not considered safe, only OAuth 2.0 is supported.

Thanks @mrave. I have questions regarding below

• obtaining Admin consent - So if we ask to add the app in connected apps, will this skip the step of every time sign in for getting the code through browser ?
  • Redirect URL - Can we set this URL to integrated app(ESB) URL to the get code there instead of browser so that we can copy this code from query params of the set URL or is it necessary to set this as public URL ?