Skip to main content

Hi Team,

I have a problem with documentId, if I use any integer it works, if I use something different, with letters or a GUID, it gives bad request. Actually in my case I need to supply documentID, documentIDGUID from client and I need same to be echoed to me. Document Id gets echoed but only if its a positive integer. I am using webhooks and configured envelope complete event but documentIdGUID differs from what is sent in request. I am using composite template. Please assist where in which field I can send some guid which can be sent back to me through event notification if not document ID

REQUEST

"status": "sent",

"compositeTemplates": "

{

"document": {

"documentId": "1",

"documentIdGuid": "68A78AB1-45A5-CC02-8E2D-8EF0F9700000",

RESPONSE

"documentId": "1",

"documentIdGuid": "335a9c65-0122-40f9-95f7-05a81207ca96",

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

As you have noticed, it is only possible to use positive integers in the DocumentID.

From what I understand is that you want to use the same documentID along with the documentIdGuid, however, this is not possible, if what you want is to keep a record what I recommend is that you use the "List Envelope Document" and this It will return all the information of the documents, as well as the DocumentID and the documentIdGuid.

I also share this documentation "How to track recipients and documents when IDs change"