Skip to main content

In the past few weeks account-d Docusign is broken, it does NOT happen in account DocuSign website. We use Java API and have not changed a single line of code in over a year, but in the past few weeks the MS Word .docx that we send to get signed is showing to everyone the Content Controls that are in the document. This has never happened before, all content controls are hidden in production Docusign and was always hidden on account-d. But now in the past few weeks they are showing, something has broken on account-d. 

Dear Mark

As you are using Java API could you please raise a case with DS Support https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport?language=en_US with attaching API logs & the Word Docx that you are using to reproduce the issue & see what’s happening.

Best Regards,
Sai Hari Priya Dandamudi - Senior Developer Support Engineer
Availability: Mon - Fri 08:00 - 17:00 AEDT

Thanks Sai. I can’t because it will cost me money to open a case. 1) the JDK call is actually irrelevant because it hasn’t changed in over a year, our code. 1) it is thousands of Word documents all with Content Controls in them, including  including ones that used to not show content controls on DocuSign. 

it is 100% the account-d.docusign.com that is no longer working correctly. When a Word document is displayed outside of MS Word application, like DocuSign, Content Controls should never appear, they are hidden xml elements in the docx. It is Word’s better way to do merge fields. 

i hope DocuSign understands that they broke their own website and right now I can’t do anything about it till they fix it. I was hoping someone from DocuSign would see this post and notify their development team to fix it. Thanks.

again the main point is we have not changed or done anything in our end code wise. It is the same code we have had for over a year that has worked for over a year until now. So our code as a variable is removed.

This is not a new account creation. So why would it show that. This is rhetorical, as I don’t want to get away from the real issue at hand that the account-d website is broken.

And now I am in an infinite loop for that “login” the message says “contact DocuSignSupport” but when you try that it shows that same Unable to log in message. This is awesome.

UGH!, there is absolutely no way I can contact support. It sends me in this infinite loop. Login, but then it says can’t login because of screenshot above. Click the link to contact support in that screenshot and it sends me back to the support page, where I try to click contact support and back to the screenshot above. This is a huge problem that needs to be resolved quickly, even to the point where I could lose my job because of this, and it isn’t even my fault. 

Has anyone addressed this issue? Please this is a huge bug/problem on the account-d website that DocuSign HAS to fix.