Skip to main content

is there a problem with sending documents to a yahoo.com address for someone.  Is yahoo blocking docuSign?  I have sent docs to person numerous times and they are not getting them and address is correct.

Hi @adm !

What exactly is the issue you are facing? Does this problem happen specifically to a single recipient?

I’m mentioning this because the Delivery Failure error can occur for several reasons, and the issue is not always with DocuSign. For example, if the recipient has an automatic response set up, if there is an auto-forwarded to another email, or even if the recipient has blocked emails from the @docusign.net domain, our system will not receive confirmation of delivery of the Yahoo, and that's why this "Delivery Failure" error will appear for you. Please check this article for more information: Why aren't my signers receiving DocuSign Notification emails?

The easiest workaround here is asking this recipient another email, so you can correct the envelope and update. Please check this article for more information: Why am I getting the 'Failure' status after sending an envelope?

However, if this is not an option, I suggest you to create a ticket to DocuSign Customer Support, providing the envelopeID. With this information, they’ll be able to get all internal logs and provide you the reason about this issue is happening.

They are not receiving my email in either there mail box or spam or junk so it sounds like they have some type of block on system

@adm ,

If you’re the sender, please check the status of the envelope. If shows “Delivery Failure” it means DocuSign couldn’t delivery it to them, but if shows “waiting for others” it means DocuSign delivered correctly to their email. What I might suggest here would be to Resend the envelope to them via platform, and ask them to check it as soon as you perform it.

Unfortunately here I don't have access to perform advanced troubleshooting to say exactly what may have happened, only my support colleagues will be able to say after the correct security validations. Therefore, one of the options would be to open a ticket with them reporting the problem.

Hi @adm,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

None of the envelopes I have sent to a yahoo.com email address recently are showing up in the yahoo.com email account. 3 yesterday and 1 today. It shows “waiting” on docusign’s end but the recipient says they aren’t getting it. Not in spam either. 

Every test that we have sent to a Yahoo email address returns the following. 

We get an email with the subject: Documents sent for signature could not be delivered

And has this in the email:

Documents you sent for electronic signature could not be delivered to this email address: ValidEmailAddressHidden@yahoo.com. Envelope ID: 64e20bd5-ce0e-4ac6-be27-1aa6fbf2d4e7

The destination email system provided this error message:

smtp; 554 Message not allowed - -PH01] Email not accepted for policy reasons. Please visit https://senders.yahooinc.com/error-codes

When we look at that link it doesn’t help us because we know the test emails that we are sending to are valid, and emails sent to non-Yahoo addresses are being successfully received.

From Yahoo’s link:

What are 5XX (553 and 554) permanent errors?

A 553 or 554 SMTP error indicates an email could not be delivered due to a permanent problem. Message delivery can be permanently deferred because:

You're trying to send a message to an invalid email address.

Your message failed authentication checks against your sending domain's DMARC or DKIM policy.

The message contains characteristics that Yahoo won't accept for policy reasons.

Other suspicious behavior which leads Yahoo to issue a permanent rejection for your SMTP connection.

Your IP is listed by Spamhaus. Please check with https://www.spamhaus.org.

If you consistently receive 5xx errors when sending to Yahoo, we encourage you to review our Sender Requirements & Recommendations, since 5xx errors can be a symptom of a more widespread, general problem.

You should not retry sending an email that comes back with with a 5xx error. List managers should have a policy for removing email addresses that generate 5xx errors/bounces.

Hello @Elsberry Mediation

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that none of your envelopes are being delivered to a Yahoo email.

Under certain circumstances, emails can be blocked by the recipient’s email domain configuration or can be marked as spam. You can find more details about these scenarios here: Why aren't my signers receiving Docusign Notification emails?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

I have been on your community board and I am not the only one having this issue. It is all of yahoo, not just certain yahoo email addresses. They are NOT going to spam, the recipient has checked. As I am not the only docusign user that’s having this problem you would think someone at docusign would reach out to yahoo to attempt to fix this issue. Otherwise the option is to discontinue using docusign all together and use Adobe which has zero issues with ANY major email carrier. 

Hello @Elsberry Mediation

Thank you for reaching back.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. I am currently reviewing the information, as soon as I get an updated I will post it on this thread.

Best regards,

Hello @Elsberry Mediation and @MichaelC

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, do you know if the affected recipients flagged at some point the Docusign emails as Spam?

Best regards,

No… nothing has been flagged by the recipients as spam. but rather yahoo and docusign don’t seem to be communicating well.

I don’t have a yahoo account so I can’t ask yahoo if they are blocking all or some emails from docusign. Maybe someone at docusign can reach out to yahoo and see what can be done to fix issue.

Hello @Elsberry Mediation,

Our engineers are working on it but I do not have an ETA on when we are going to get an update on this, per the recommendations the senders can try to review the email Subject of the envelopes and make sure it's not using terms that would look like something a spammer or phisher would use. 

Senders can also try something a bit more specific or unique to the recipient for the email subjects and not something that reads like the following example: Super Urgent Must Act Now email subject.

Also please be advised that if the customer consistently gets blocked by Yahoo, then they may have flagged one or more of our email IPs as spam this is per the Error Codes links, the service that Yahoo uses has a history of temporarily flagging our IPs as spam when a single user reports one of our emails as spam.

Best regards,

Hi @Elsberry Mediation,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.