Skip to main content

I'm trying to use the formula below to determine a weighted score. I can validate that the formula fields within this formula are working correctly, but the final output is incorrect.

(([Formula 1]*.3)+([Formula 2]*.3)+([Formula 3]*.2)+([Leader Score Section 4]*.1)+([Leader Score Section 5]*.1))/5

The goal is that Formula 1 & 2 are each 30% of the score, Formula 3 is 20%, and the final two Leader Score Sections are 10%.

When I use this with the value of 4 in every field, it calculates the answer as .8.

If I remove the outermost parentheses, the answer calculates to 3.68

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your formula, but I will gladly help you correct the issue as soon as possible.

The reason why you are not getting 4 as the total in this scenario is that you are dividing your total between 5.

Since you are using percentages represented by decimals (0.3,0.2,.0,1) you don't need to divide your total, the sum of the multiplications will in fact provide you with the number you are looking for.

In my demo account, I used the following version of the formula and received 4 as the total after using 4 as the field value in all my text boxes:

pText1] * 0.3+ +Text2] * 0.3+ +Text3] * 0.2+ +Text4] * 0.1+ +Text5] *0.1

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!