Skip to main content
why does docusign continue to send out notifications to users that have already signed

If the envelope is "complete" then there should not be notifications being sent. I would start by reviewing the "status" of the envelope, then I would review the notification that is being received by the Recipient to verify that the envelope ID is the same between the completed envelope and the envelope they are getting the notification. Then if the envelope is complete and the notification is coming from the same envelope ID I would create a DocuSign case to have them investigate.

​The envelope is not complete, there are multiple signers on the document and some have not signed, I did not initiate a resend and I am not sure why this went out to all signers again after I initially sent the envelope. In any case if a particular party has signed the document they should not get future notifications to view or sign the document as they have completed there task associated with the envelope.

You are correct in that no "reminder" notifications should be sent to the Recipients who have already signed. There are exceptions such as the envelope being voided or perhaps Comments being sent to Recipients on the envelope, but if Recipient 1 has signed and the next action is on Recipient 2 then no notifications should be sent to Recipient 1 to sign, only Reminders might be sent to Recipient 2 until they have completed their action as Reminder or using Resend should email a notification to the "current" Recipient in the workflow process. I cannot assist in tracking what emails have been sent but perhaps either the envelope History or creating a DocuSign case might be beneficial in determining the reason for these emails.