Skip to main content

I noticed Docusign just had a begin revision.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why I cannot read a signed document on my Chromebook on and am being directed to read it on my phone. I use D-sign for contracts and I need to see them complete, which means a a full size screen. I've missed stuff in the past when reviewing on my phone and don't understand why a change of this type would be forced on a consumer.

Would anyone know how to change the settings back? I get that I can download and then open it up that way, but that’s like 3 extra steps when I’d always been able to simply click on the document and read through.

Thoughts??

Hello @chasmader,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

We are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that when you try to review your envelope on your Chromebook the envelopes are being opened on your phone.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, to clarify Are you opening the envelopes through the email notification? or directly from the Docusign web app?

Is the envelope being opened in the iOS mobile app on your phone?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello,

I am using the Real Estate Broker Plan you offer.

I am trying to read documents on my chromebook I use for travel, after logging into Docusign and not on any application. When I click on a document, I get a pop-up telling me that the document is only available for viewing on my phone.  However, I have no trouble reading them on my desktop, a Dell, at my office.

Thanks, Charlie Mader

Hello @chasmader,

Thank you for reaching back, do you know when this started to happen?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello,

It started right after you released your upgrade.

And yes, I cleared my cache.

Best,

Charlie Mader

Hello @chasmader,

I understand that you are opening your notifications on the website through the Chromebook, but when they open on your phone, is it on the same website or the mobile app?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hello, thank you for responding.
I don’t think you understand what I am saying.

This is an issue I’m having when I’m trying to review documents in my Chromebook.
Your new upgrade is forcing me to do that on my phone, which I do not like to do because the screen is too small.
When I access Docusign on my phone, I do it through your app and not through the browser on my phone.

I’m hoping that you can just undo whatever it is you did in your recent upgrade and let me be able to go back to reviewing documents on my Chromebook directly when I sign into your site.

Thank you, Charles Mader. 

@chasmader :

You may have already tried this - but have you logged in using a different browser on the Chromebook?

Alternatively, the issue may have been caused by the sender marking the document ‘mobile only’ (which I think is possible, but I’m not sure how exactly).

good luck

mr1