Skip to main content
Question

when does a second signer get notified of a DocuSign envelope?

• 25 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Does The second signer of a DocuSign envelope get notified when envelope is initially sent or only after The first signer has signed?

@Mferch 

This depends on how you configure the envelope as the sender. You can specify a signing order to achieve that the envelope needs to be signed sequential order or in parallel. A combination of both is possible and there is a visual representation as well to ensure all recipients receive it in the order that you want them to.

I have set up a signing order (sequential, not dual) that includes three people. When will the second person become aware of the envelope? 

I have set up a signing order that includes three people. When will the second person become aware of the envelope?

In that case, after the first person has completed signing.

Hi @Mferch,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!