Skip to main content

I received a document executed via DocuSign by a 3rd party. I suspect that the document was signed after the deadline for signing had passed. Is there a way I can check the time when it was actually signed by the 3rd party? If so how do it do that? Thanks!

Hi-

If I understand your question, you are a signer in the process and do not  have access to a DocuSign account, correct?  If so, when you open the document (completed or not) from your email, there's an "Other Actions" button on the top right-hand corner of the window.  When you click "Other Actions" do you see options for either "View History" or "View Certificate"?  Either one of those options will show you the date and time  the other signer(s) signed the document. If you don't see "View History" or "View Certificate" the sender may have those options turned off in his/her account. If those settings are turned off, one way to make an educated guess about the day and time it was signed is that you receive the email to sign virtually seconds after the previous signer signed the document, so you would be able to get an  approximate  time in that scenario; not the best answer, but could assist in your researching your suspicion. Hopefully the "View Certificate" or "View History" is available for you in this case. 

Thank you. I received the final executed document (DocuSigned) via PDF so no I was not a signer in the process. I do have a DocuSign account and I'd like to verify the time that the document that I received was exectuted. All I have is the DocuSign Envelope ID. Any way I can detrmine when it was executed by the last signer?

Hi:

Correction please :  " View History " will show you the date & time.  "View Certificate" will only show you the date, not the time. Thanks for you patience as I got ahead of myself there. 

And what would the Enevelope ID give me?

Thanks so much for clarifying.  There wouldn't be a way to see the time signed (historical data) unless you were part of the signing workflow itself meaning it was sent to the email address you use to log into your DocuSign account. In that case, you'd be able to look for it in your DocuSign Account by searching the envelope ID, view the history, etc. In this  case, because you were just emailed an a PDF attachment, you would need to request the envelope's history from the sender to verify the exact times; the envelope ID wouldn't help you other than to reference it in your request. I realize that's not super-helpful in your scenario overall, but there are some limitations when recipients of a PDF are not part of the original DocuSign workflow. The vendor/sender could alleviate this type of "headache" by adding a time-stamp to their "Date Signed" field on the document itself.