Skip to main content
Question

Using Two Separate Docusign Accounts To Execute An Agreement

• 22 August 2024
  • 6 replies

The signing process for our agreements initiates through our Docusign eSignature account.  The customer signs first, then it is routed to us for our signature.  However, we have a high-profile customer that refuses to use that process.  They want us to send them a PDF version of the agreement and they route it through their Docusign account with us signing first.  Is there a way we can route it through our Docusign eSignature account internally first then send them the signed version without locking it up?

Hi @jsmoutsrp,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  

Docusign eSignature will not allow for an envelope’s ownership to be shared between 2 accounts. Under these circumstances, you will need to send the document to them first, so they can resend it from their own Docusign account.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Thanks Alejandro.  When you say, “you will need to send the document to them first...”, do you mean send it to them through our Docusign account first, so they can resend it from their own Docusign account?

Hi @jsmoutsrp,

Thank you for following up,

Yes, that is correct. I meant that you will need to send them the document through an envelope so they can then download it and resend it from theirs.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @jsmoutsrp,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you could solve your issue by utilizing the suggested solution?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hi Alejandro, sorry for the delay.  Just to clarify, would we send the document to a contact at the company without any assigned fields?  The contact would then download it, circulate it through their company’s Docusign account, then upload back into the original Envelope with their signed version?  What Recipient action item would be the best to assign the contact as not to finalize the Envelope?

Hi @jsmoutsrp,

Thank you for following up.

I would suggest you to assign them the “Needs to View” recipient action. This will allow you to trigger their action’s completion without the need of assigning any fields to complete in the document. You can find a detailed list of our available recipient actions, here:

Add Recipients
Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing  

As always, don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards,