Skip to main content

I'm new to DocuSign but when clients DocuSign shouldn't they choose the signature that is used versus looking at the contract and seeing a signature that's not theirs ​

Signatures should be derived from the DocuSign User Account or if the Recipient has no DocuSign User Account, they would draw or select an appropriate signature from a selection of choices. If they are not able to "draw" a signature then this may be the result of a setting on the Sender's Account. Please clarify what the Recipient is seeing during the signing process?

Apparently they decided which signature to use on my documents because when I looked at the contract it wasn't my signature it was one from DocuSign but how would I know that because I didn't choose the one that they used in DocuSign

I have not run into that situation but my suggestions would be to first check your DocuSign Account signature and make sure it is set with your drawn Signature. If you receive an envelope in the future and you open it and the Signature block is already showing a Signature filled in for you or it does not show the Signature from your DocuSign Account, stop and contact the DocuSign Support team before completing the envelope.

I was handed a phone with just the signature part enlarged I signed it and then when I was showing the contract it was the signature drive from DocuSign but I didn't choose which signature to use from DocuSign they did I would think I would choose or I would be notified of the choice because I'm thinking I have a signature and DocuSign already from prior times and they didn't use that signature

All I could note is that DocuSign Accounts and the Signatures are tied together by the email address. This could have been an In-Person signing where they setup the envelope as a Host and then turned it over to you to add your signature. When I tested this scenario using my mobile Android phone, I was presented with two choices when signing, which was "Draw" and "Take a photo of my signature". Without knowing or watching exactly how they created the envelope and what they did when they passed it to you, it is hard to provide any accurate information. My suggestion in the future would be to have them send you the envelope via email so you can fully review the document and sign with your actual signature taken from your DocuSign Account.

Do you know anything about adobe sign
another question once you sign with your signature on DocuSign is that the signature that anybody who has a document to send to you can have access to use that signature. My signature that's visible to me on my DocuSign account was created when I refi my home the signature that's on a contract for a solar system that doesn't have my signature on the contract is a generated DocuSign signature and I'm wondering why my signature that's on my DocuSign profile wasn't used that it was a generated signature

If they were the same email address used for both the Refi and the Solar system contract then it should have used the correct Signature tied to the Account. BUT I think it was an in-person signing which is hosted by the person handing you the phone or tablet or laptop hence the Signature block would either need to be selected form the pre-sets or a drawn signature. If they had emailed you that contract directly to your email the result would have been different. Again, I didn't see the process so these are assumptions.

In reference to Adobe Esign, I have used that product in the past but it would not be appropriate to discuss a competitor in the DocuSign forums (in my opinion).

True that.. your very knowledgeable. Thank you