Skip to main content

Can I approve a docusign document without actually signing it? We need to be able to send quotes that don't require any signatures, but still leverage DocuSign for our internal approval process before the quote goes to the customer.

Yes, the Recipient action called “Needs to Sign” is actually more needs to take action.  This could be a text box or a dropdown or the Accept/Decline buttons, Initials etc, it does not require a Signature block to be added and filled out.  You could even set a Signature block or any DocuSign field as optional.

You could also use a variety of other Recipient types such as “Needs to View” which only requires the Recipient to open the envelope to complete the action.

Contract cycles involve many steps, including sending the contract documentation to both internal and external parties for reviews, approvals, and signatures. DocuSign can facilitate taking a client’s documentation through your designated workflow.

The 'Approve' tag is placed on the document where you want the recipient to approve documents in an envelope without placing a signature or initials on the document. If the recipient clicks the 'Approve' tag during the signing process, the recipient is considered to have signed the document. No information is shown on the document for approval, but it is recorded as a signature in the envelope history.

The 'Decline' tag is placed on the document where you want to give the recipient the option of declining an envelope.

Additionally, the Approve tag has no text input with the tag, but the Decline tag does. The date, time, and IP address of approval/decline action will be tracked in the digital audit trail.

Hi @jkleiner,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, please let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!