Skip to main content

We have transitioned to using DocuSign for our employee application process. A problem we have is that there are often errors in the application, like not putting a full name (two last names) or mistyping a letter for a name/address, leaving off an apartment number, and other minor things.

How can we revise an application that has been “signed” by the employee?

@katie

Once the envelope is completed and reached its final stage, you are not able to make changes to it.

While the envelope is still in progress, you may update certain things, but you need to prepare for that in advance and ensure you understand the trade-offs. 

You could add an internal recipient after the employee signed to review and make changes. In order to do that you would need the fields to be set up as collaborative fields. You may want to set up that changes need to be initialed so the employee has to sign off on changes made by the reviewer. The envelope will not be complete until the reviewer has completed his actions and maybe the envelope was routed back to the employee to initial the changes.

Hello, @katie 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Let me share what some HR’s are doing for this scenario that you mentioned.

The envelope Sender can add a recipient to act as a reviewer (an user from your company) with the action Allow to Edit.

Such recipient could be added after the Applicant recipient signing order. So such reviewer can edit the envelope, see the document and verify for any mistakes or missing information. If something is not right, this reviewer can add again the Applicant as a recipient informing what it’s missing and must be completed. Don’t forge to add again the reviewer after the application recipient in case it’s missing something again.

In the figure below, Joaquin is the Application and Luke is the reviewer (an user from your account).

On this scenario, Luke will review the document after being signed by Joaquin. If necessary Luke can add again Joaquin to complete any missing information.

The core idea here is to have an internal reviewer (Allow to Edit) to proceed with the envelope signing process or make corrections.

I hope that helps.

Alexandre 

Thank you @Alexandre.Augusto; I would not have thought of this! I’m keeping this in my back pocket.

The collaborative fields sounds perfect, thanks @Michael.Rave!