Skip to main content
Question

Using a template, how to send back to first signer to make corrections?

• 21 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello - we are using a template to bulk send out contracts. We first send to party A, then have our team verify that party A imputed their information properly before sending to Party B to countersign. How can we send back to party A to make corrections without having to send a new envelope? Thank you! 

Hello @Quellie ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you need to have Party A correct some information after they already completed their part.

You can apply changes to any envelope or recipient that has not been marked as completed. Once a recipient completes their action (or the envelope), the system will not accept any further alterations. 

You can find more details regarding how to correct an envelope, here: Correct an Envelope

I’m sorry for any frustration this may cause, unless the fields were set up with collaboration, and Party B changes something, the document will not go back to Party A and a new envelope would need to be sent out: Collaborative Fields

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Quellie ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!