Skip to main content

I’m unable to edit my user name. I select Actions and then Edit. Response is An error occurred while getting user detail. 

Hi @RBA,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to edit your user name, but I will help you locate the root cause of the issue.

Are you editing your user profile in Settings>Users>Actions?

If that is the case, try editing it in your user profile instead. You can find this option by clicking the profile picture or initials at the top right corner of the screen and selecting Manage Profile.

You can find detailed steps on this process, here:

Change Your Name

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

I received a call from support they were able to solve my problem “from their end.” Thanks to all for the prompt attention!

I have the same issue but unfortunately docusign support has been “less than helpful.” Needless to say the issue is that somehow my middle name is in the user account settings but not changeable in the profile settings. Generally, I would like my full legal name to be used for signatures and that is it, going by my preferred name (option doesnt exist) generally. I am fine with a simple first/last (my profile) and I can type my full name in the use of the docs but for some reason the middle name can’t be edited because nothing can be edited in the user settings.