Skip to main content
Question

Use Powerform issue: This envelope cannot be sent because it was already digitally signed, and is not in a valid state to resend.

• 12 September 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

I have an error message when I use a Powerform I created, same when making a copy and trying to use it. Once I go to template > select the powerform and click “USE”, I then fill-in the recipients info and click to send. The page refreshes with the red error message: “This envelope cannot be sent because it was already digitally signed, and is not in a valid state to resend.”

Note: I don’t have this error message when I use the Powerform link. The documents part of the template/powerform does not contain any signature yet it’s docx documents with anchor tags placed on the template.

Support is not able to help apart of telling me to recreate it which does not fix...

Thank you,

Hello @Pauline ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that you are getting an error when attempting to use a PowerForm.

Just to confirm, you are selecting use on the template associated with the PowerForm, is that correct?

Can you attach the JSON of that template you are using for testing purposes?: Download Templates

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

hi, 

thanks for your message, see attached

Just to confirm, you are selecting use on the template associated with the PowerForm, is that correct?

> correct

Hello @Pauline ,

Thank you for reaching back and for the document.

Can you confirm if the option “Recipients are allowed to edit” is enabled on the template when editing the template and goin to Advanced options? If so, please try to disable it.

Best regards,

Hi Nathaly,

Thanks a lot, it fixed the issue. Is it a known bug? What is the limit of disabling this?

Hello @Pauline ,

Thank you for reaching back,

The issue you were experiencing is usually related to combining a type of qualified signature and the "Document rectification" option as this option allows recipients to make changes to the document using the document correction functionality.

If the problem persists, in this case the account administrator must create a request with support to completely deactivate this option from your account.

Best regards,