Skip to main content

Can the text field allow to align the entered content to the right? I have a template that is capturing some financial information and the accountant readers are more familiar and comfortable with numerical data having a right alignment similar to a spreadsheet. Any way to do this?

Thanks!

I am not aware of any current field option or selection to align field text/number/other to the left or right.  The text field type aligns to the left, the only field that I know of that is any different is the "Formula" field, which seems to align to the right.  I suggest sending in feedback or a feature request to DocuSign. I have seen past Community posts such as:  https://support.docusign.com/en/answers/00088061

Thank you! 

Has there been any updated to this in regards to Text and not numbers? I am having this issue with text.

Apparently, there is no way to do this currently per their customer service, and no way to ask for the feature to be added. I was having a similar issue with templates in that I'd upload a form (not mine, can't change it), add the text field (for a company name, say) and, since the form is part of a paragraph on the left-hand side, I either move the field outside of the rest of the text (undesired, still usually not enough), always make the field microscopic text size (also undesired) or settle for the entered data overwriting for agreement text (undesired). What I'd like is a way for the text field to auto update the text size (make it smaller if it won't fit the allotted size) and/or to make the option to right align text in a field so that, once the signee enters info, it has a chance at looking professional.

Thank you for the reply. I am surprised since there are many countries that write left to right. Many of these countries are supported by DocuSign. I think there is defiantly still room for improvement as well as recognizing the text length so documents can be professionally shown. I agree with all your comments.

This is a much needed option. We’ve integrated our digital applications into DocuSign and many fields require the text to be centered or to be aligned to the right. Very surprised that such a needed option is not yet available. I saw post from 2014 where this feature was requested. Please consider adding this.