Skip to main content

Dear Docusign community,

I just got a Docusign account. When creating new templates for my different contracts, Docusign (the new version) doesn't save the inserts that I put at each page (signature, etc).

With the earliest version, it was working so I didn't have to go through every page each time I wanted to send something.

Can you please help me fix this? Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

Your access to templates is controlled by your user permissions, as defined by your DocuSign administrator and the template owner. 

If you are the template owner and you ensured that the template does not have any restrictions in place, you can edit any template that you previously created and saved, and some templates shared with you. 

You need to take into consideration that with templates, you can add files, recipients, messages, and fields, you can modify any of this information at any time, after making any changes to the template you must save the template, if you do not manually save the template all the fields you included will be lost and will not reflect when you go to create a new envelope.

Additionally, you need to take into consideration that if you have multiple templates under the same name, when you go to use the template, you need to ensure you are using the correct one and not a duplicate that has no information.

You might find the following information useful:

Working with Templates

Edit Templates 

Add Fields to Documents

To use a template to create an envelope

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator