Skip to main content

Hi all,

I have some issue creating my signature procedure. 

The need is that we sent out a procedure to our client to sign.

1. When the client open the link, they are NOT asked to authenticate with SMS.
  2. Once the client read the whole doc and want to sign, they click on sign button and only then they are requested to authenticate with SMS on their phone.

Here is my current code snippet  

signer.setRequireIdLookup("true");
signer.setRecipientId(String.valueOf(order));
RecipientSignatureProvider recipientSignatureProvider = new RecipientSignatureProvider();
recipientSignatureProvider.setSignatureProviderName("UniversalSignaturePen_OpenTrust_Hash_TSP");
RecipientSignatureProviderOptions recipientSignatureProviderOptions = new RecipientSignatureProviderOptions();
recipientSignatureProviderOptions.setSms(phone); recipientSignatureProvider.setSignatureProviderOptions(recipientSignatureProviderOptions);
signer.setRecipientSignatureProviders(List.of(recipientSignatureProvider));

But currently, the client is still requested to authenticate at step 1.

What configuration did I miss to overcome that?

Hello @vtlight

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that an SMS authentication is being triggered twice during a signature session. 

To clarify, are you sending the envelope through a custom API or an integration? if it is an integration can you provide the name?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Actually, I solved my problem by just remove this line

signer.setRequireIdLookup("true");

It's kind of confusing from its name and the behaviour it triggers (SMS authentication).

Hello @vtlight

Thank you for reaching back, glad to hear that you were able to fix the double authentication.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.