Skip to main content

I have always had the ability to sign documents that require my signature, or that I am the only Signer on while signed into my Docusign account. Usually Docusign will even trigger a pop-up asking if I want to sign immediately, or from the dashboard it will allow me to immediately access the envelope in order to sign. However, as of this week this has no longer been an option. I am using a chrome browser and I have tried clearing my Cache and Cookies additionally I have tried a different device as well. Is anyone else having this issue?

@TierraGrande I actually just performed this today without any issue.  Are you logged into the correct DocuSign Account or perhaps your email address associated to the User in this account was changed? The envelopes that are sent must use the same email address as the User in the Account for that pop-up to occur so that is the only item I can think of where the email address was changed or you are using a different email in the envelope.

@David.Schmitz Thank you for this suggestion. Yes we have confirmed several times that the email matches the account signing. I even logged out, logged back in, uploaded a document, selected “i'm the only signer”. From there it would usually give me the option to sign, I went back to the dashboard and could see the document was requiring my signature but the option to sign was not there. Only once I had gone to the email associated with the account to access the envelope via email was I able to sign. 

Hi @TierraGrande,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

I’m experiencing the same issue. I used to have push notifications on the app and i used to be able to see the envelopes on my dashboard and under in my inbox under the manage tab when another user sent an envelope to my email associated with my paid docusign account. Now, i can only see the emails and sign them by clicking the email and signing on the web. Even after signing, it prompts me to log in and the when i do...the envelope is nowhere to be found. I have double and triple checked that the email address is indeed the one affiliated with the docusign account. Things used to work just fine! now i don’t have envelopes issued from other users showing up as requiring action and have to hunt through emails to sign. Any solution?

We still have not found a solution other than force resending the envelope to our email then opening them email link in another window to sign the document - We have again tried: 

New devices 

Ensured we don’t have additional accounts or logins floating around

Cleared Cache and Cookies

At this point we feel it is 100% a docusign error and not a user error.

I have the same issue. Is there any resolution?  DocuSign no longer allowing me to sign without using email link and the account is no longer storing documents sent to me.

Hi @Ginskee, @cchaplingcp and @TierraGrande,

Thank you for following up.

If the envelope is not showing in your inbox in eSignature>Manage>Inbox, then most likely it envelope ID in question was assigned to a second user ID.

This could happen for different reasons, like the envelope being created in a different DocuSign server than the recipient account, or in some custom configurations.

In order to accurately pinpoint the root cause of the issue, we would need to take a closer look at an affected envelope ID.

For detailed steps on how to find your envelope ID, see:

Where can I find the Envelope ID?

To create a new support case, please fill out the form provided below:

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support. 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

I am having the same issue. I could sign off from our account, now we have to go into the account email to sign off on the envelope. This is very cumbersome. Was there a solution? If this is happening to many users, there should be a case going to solve the issue. Any help is appreciated.

Hi @PRMike,

Thank you for following up.

The behavior you describe is usually related to having 2 users related to the same email address.

This can happen for a different number of reasons, the most common being duplicate accounts, created intentionally or unintentionally.

This causes you to have multiple envelope management dashboards, preventing you from viewing your envelopes within the same account.

DocuSign Support can assist in confirming the root cause of this behavior by reviewing an example envelope ID on the application’s back end.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi Alejandro,

Then I am sure that is exactly what it is. Our account has several people logged in at one time as our whole team uses it. Interestingly, for the fist few years we had the acount, we could all be logged in and signing envelopes from the account at one time so something protocal or security wise must have changed from the backend on DocuSign’s side. I would love to get it remidied as a mentioned earlier, it makes it much more cumbersome when you have a high volume of envelpes to process.

Hi @PRMike,

Thank you for your quick response.

I understand your concern, and even though, to my knowledge there have not been any such changes to the way the envelopes are displayed on the dashboard, we will gladly look into an example envelope ID to rule out this as a possible root cause.

The reason why you have been directed to continue this process directly with our support team is mainly due to security concerns, as there will be account specific details needed from you that cannot be shared in a Community Post without breaking our Code of Conduct.

I will gladly lend a hand in locating the reason why these envelopes are not showing on your manage dashboard, to do so I will reach out to you through a direct message to follow up on the matter.

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator