Skip to main content

Hi, I had an issue yesterday with my envelope.

The envelope requires 23 signatures from different signers.

I created a template, added people to it and then tried to use it.

However it would not send envelope without setting signing order first. I was getting an error. Why is that?

Now I have to go after each and everyone in a queue to remind them to sign because others are waiting!

Is this how DocuSign works? Or there is a way around it?

P.S. There were 2 people in the list with the same names and emails. These are owners who has more than on property and need to sign for both separately. i suspect that this is what caused the “signing order” error.

Thanks!

@Leon The “Signing Order” option can be enabled or disabled by default through the DocuSign Account “sending settings” that are set by the DocuSign Admin for the Account. Even if the “Signing Order” is required and you cannot disable the Signing Order box, you could still set every Recipient to the same number, which makes them all parallel signers.

Also there would be an error if the same person with the same email address was set as a Recipient in the same signing order number.  I would suggest slightly changing one of the Names to add perhaps the middle initial to make it look different or ask for a different email address, otherwise best option is to send two envelopes, one for each document that they need to sign.

Hi @Leon,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.