Skip to main content

I have a powerform that is created by an originator and signed by them and then sent to two additional consecutive signers to approve or deny. How can I give either one of those last 2 signers the ability to send back to the originator to make changes to fields?

There are a lot of options I can think of but not sure of the exact nature of the changes....so I provided a variety of thoughts.

I can think of using either Comments feature in DocuSign or perhaps adding some feedback field to the form so once completed these can be reviewed and changes made to the backend Powerform/Template.

Also if the fields have incorrect data and other Recipients need to correct then you should read about the Markup feature (allow to edit) or set the DocuSign field to not be "read-only" or use Collaborate fields.

The best option really requires more details. Is the field or data in question filled out in a DocuSign field or set in the document? Why does it need the originator of the envelope to make the change?

Thank you for the input, I've included more details.

In my case we have a request form that is completed and then signed by a requestor via a powerform. They are filling out DocuSign fields on a form. After they sign it, it then gets sent to one reviewer to approve or decline and if approved it is sent to a second approver and then complete once that approver signs. I want either one of the two approvers to be able to make corrections and have it sent back to the original requestor to be able to re-sign.

So with this new information, I would explore Collaboration fields and/or Markup (Allow to Edit) features. Collaboration fields are more for a specific DocuSign fields that requires a change (dropdown or even text), where as Markup is used to overwrite text or add text that was potentially missing. To my knowledge both cycle back to Recipients who already approved and requires them to Initial the changes made.

Thank you for the help! I was able to make changes and the management screen shows that it has been sent back to the originator however the originator is not receiving any emails showing it's been returned to them so the workflow just kind of stops there, waiting for the originator to resign after the changes were made.

Could be a delay in the email, check Spam and Junk, but also have them check their DocuSign Inbox - Action Required quick view. Also they can review Notifications to make sure they didn't turn off one specific to the type of action.

I had this issue as well...Confirmed with DS technical support that is working as designed. You can enable markup but it will not go back to the original signer/"opener"/"user" of the powerform...This is a powerform limitation. The workflow is misleading because it says the current signer is now the original signer after the second recipient marking it up, and you probably thought, like I did, it was an email or firewall issue. It's not.

Support said I could download the document mid-flow, where it's stuck in limbo, and manually create an envelope for changes; where I would have to manually resend. That is a total bummer and wildly inefficient for a little change on a document. I will play around with it to see if I can make it better but markup with a powerform will imprison the document in limbo. Apparently there are other nasty consequences to allowing markup with a powerform. If anyone from DocuSign has an update, please share...But I confirmed this on the phone. Thanks.