Skip to main content

How do I search for documents that were created (and signed) by another user.  The user has since left the company.  I am an administrator in our Docusign account

Hello @KevinGTY ,

There are a few possible methods to do this and requires we are working under the assumption that you are both a part of the same account. Also, do note there is a difference in accessing various aspects of Docusign envelopes from the documents themselves, to data from the fields they signed, to information about the recipients, to download/xfer access depending on if you are the sender versus being the signer (typically there are less controls on documents as a signer vs. the person in question being the sender):

1. Turn on Sharing 
    • Notes: This requires the user be active and you will have to leave your own inbox and start viewing their inbox. There’s no “cross-user” search when utilizing sharing. You’re either looking at your own envelopes or their envelopes. Not both at the same time.
  2. Utilize Docusign Reporting
    • Notes: As an Administrator, Docusign Reports can allow you to see various data points on all the envelopes on your account in a single view. This doesn’t typically give you full access to view the documents but you can check many other details. If you would like to access the documents from reporting you can ask for a feature to be enabled called “Enable links to Envelopes in Reports for Admins” by our Support team. Do note this will allow all administrators on an account to view all documents sent by all users.
  3. Transfer the envelopes
    • Notes: Using this method you can transfer all the envelopes out of the prior users account to another user on the same account. This does require the user be active similar to sharing.

Some other methods that also exist that give insights/access to documents but tend to have extra cost or historical required steps associated with them are utilizing things like Organization ReportingDocusign Retrieve, checking cloud storage repositories (like Google Drive, One Drive, etc.) (requires Agreement Actions or Maestro), searching your CLM repository (requires CLM), searching Docusign Navigator (requires Navigator).

I hope these options give you a path forward.

Hello!  Best practice is that after you close the user account, you transfer the envelopes to a new user, which may be yourself.  As we no longer allow for Sharing of envelopes from a Closed account, the best option is to transfer to yourself if you wish to see all envelope details.

Here is an article on transferring envelopes and templates to guide you:  https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=xyt1583277373629.html&_LANG=enus

I hope this helps and wish you an excellent day!

Hi @KevinGTY,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.