Skip to main content

Hello all! I am a DocuSign administrator. A DocuSign user signed a document, but now some issues have come up and he requested that his signature be “unsigned” from the document until the issue is resolved. I have searched on how to do this and found some information, but does not coincide with what I am seeing onscreen. Am I able to revoke his signature from the document? If so, how? Thanks! Salvador

Hi @sgarciav !

If the envelope has the Completed status, that is, it has already been signed by all recipients, unfortunately it is not possible to make any changes or revoke signatures - for compliance reasons.
However, if the envelope is still in progress, that is, there are still a few people left to sign, you can contact the sender and ask them to void the envelope.

Another possible suggestion for this case would be Purge Envelopes. This feature permanently deletes the envelope from DocuSign servers, leaving all recipients without access to the document. It’s important to emphasize that this process does not invalidate signatures, it only eliminates the document from DS platform - which may be sufficient in some scenarios. To get more information about it, please check: Purging Envelopes

Vinicius, thank you for the input. I was hoping to be able to revoke just one signature from an incomplete envelope, but looks like this is not possible. I appreciate the alternative options. Salvador

Hi @sgarciav,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.