Skip to main content

Is there a way to use an existing DocuSign template in multiple templates.  I have a very complex template I want to leverage in other templates,

Thanks.

-Mark

Hello, @mgifford 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

Have you tried to apply multiple templates in the same envelope?

Read this article to understand the requisites to apply multiple templates, perhaps that solve your need.

Apply multiple templates to the same envelope

https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/How-to-use-multiple-templates?language=en_US

Another think that you can do is to copy the mentioned complex template then change what you need in the copied one.

Best, 

Alexandre

@mgifford There is a way to merge two Templates together if that is what you are looking to do, but there is some work after the fact.  The basic steps are as follows:

1. Use Template A, apply Template B to a uploaded additional document.
  2. Send
  3. Go to “Sent” folder under Manage and select the dropdown to the right.
  4. Select “Save as Template”, add a new Template name and you will need to look a renaming the Recipients etc as there could be merging and or overlap. 

This does create a new Template from the used Template A and B, as noted it requires some additional work if there was Recipient overlap, but if Template A has Recipient 1, 2, 3 in the Signing Order, and Template B had Recipient 4, 5, 6 then the new Template would not overlap in Recipients.

Unfortunately that does not completely solve the issue.  What i need to do it is use a complex template/document that I created and add it to several other templates so the end users can just use those other templates without having to add anything; just add the recipients and click send.  Any functionality to do that?

@mgifford There is no feature that allows for two or more Templates to be merged other then the process I provided which takes some effort to make work with multiple Templates. Perhaps there will be others who can provide other options outside of creating an entirely new Template that encompasses all the documents and fields you need to to share with other Users.

Hi @mgifford,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.