Skip to main content

I see a few other questions similar to this one: how is it possible for a PDF of a completed DocuSign to be completely missing fields that were required? The fields were in place, with the appropriate data, when the packet was signed by each party, but they’re missing from the “completed” file. I need a completed document with those fields - is it possible to “recover” that, or is the incorrect document downloadable from my Inbox the only version available?

Hello, @1SPM 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

When sending a form or document through an envelope, all fields where you expect someone to fill up has the option to be “Required” so the signer must type something, or non Required what makes the fields optional.

Now, if your envelope is in the Completed status you cannot change anything anymore, in case it is in Waiting for Others  status then you can correct the envelope and make sure the fields as configures as Required.

For an envelope with Completed status in this scenario: Copy the completed envelope to send it as a new one and make sure to configure all necessary fields as required and send it again. 

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Hi @1SPM,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.