Skip to main content

Is it possible to create a document for signature using a URL link rather than sending it to someone in an email? I want to incorporate the document/link into an existing registration form for an event.

https://www.docusign.com/features-and-benefits/features/powerforms

PowerForms sound like what you're looking for.

This may be similar - we want to track our email correspondence and when you send out through DS, there is no record of that in your personal outbox. Is there a way to insert a link into a personal email? That means the email wouldn't come from DS, but from me, and they would click the link and be taken to DS. I know hellosign does it, but I can't find a way in DS and I'm on the trial period. 

Thank  you.

PowerForms might work for you as well.  You can add a PowerForm link to a mail you send outside of DocuSign.  When the signer clicks on the link, the signer will enter a signing session in DocuSign.  This envelope will show up in the PowerForm owner's Sent items in DocuSign. 

I'm not sure if PowerForms are available in a trial account.  They might be; I'm just not sure.

I'm not sure - it looks like PowerForms is for templates like NDAs where folks put their name in and address, and sign. I'm using individual, tailored contracts, that are different each time. Would I be able to put individual contracts on this powerform and link to them individually? 

Amazing that sales doesn't have the time to answer this for me...

Thank you

I see.  If the documents need to be different for each signer, a PowerForm doesn't seem like the right solution (since the template it relies on will always have the same document) and I'm guessing you wouldn't want to create a unique PowerForm for every signer.  I don't know your reasons for wanting to use a personal email, but I want to point out that with the Branding and Resource Files features, you can customize many aspects of the emails DocuSign sends.  There may be a good solution for your particular situation, but I guess I don't have it.  Perhaps others here will have ideas...

I just remembered that there is a BCC Email Archive feature that can help track all emails DocuSign sends for your account.  That might help here, but you would definitely want to research it first to ensure you understand the risks and benefits.