Skip to main content

Hey all. I’m new to Docusign and can’t seem to figure this out.

I have a template for a simple agreement document. There are blank fields that I will be manually putting new information in (recipient name, package details and price, start date, billing date, etc.).

Ideally, I will manually put in all the information, and the client will simply have to click to sign when they review the document.

However, I can’t get the information to be visible in both recipient previews (mine and the client’s).

I’m using text fields, typing the information in, and setting the fields to “read only.” Still, the client preview is blank.

I’m sure this is simple and that I’m just missing something; surely there’s a way for the client to see the information they’re agreeing to.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

@chacemclees 

If you have pre-filled fields available, you can use them to add information to your agreement document. These fields do not need to be assigned to anyone, but they must be pre-filled before the document is sent.

If there is only one recipient, you can use the standard fields and assign them to your signer. Once the document is completed, it will be visible to both the recipient and the sender.

Thanks for the reply, John. The only “Pre-fill Tool” I see is Line.

@chacemclees 

I recommend you use the standard fields and add your text and make the field read only.  You will assign it to the recipient. 

Hello @chacemclees ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!