Skip to main content
Question

Recipient privileges

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Recipient privileges - how to have signee only view their documents in envelope

Hi Lucy,

You can use Document Visibility Feature. 
If you're sending an envelope with multiple files and wish to regulate which files each recipient has access to, you can utilize this feature. 

Firstly, Document visibility must be enabled for your account by your DocuSign administrator in Sending Setings. 

When turned on, you can choose who gets to see the documents:

1. Off: Nobody can control who sees the documents.
  2. Must sign to view, unless a member of sender's account: Recipient with signing field + Anyone in your account can see all the documents.
  3. Must sign to view, unless sender: Recipient with signing field + Sender can see all the documents.
  4. Sender can set "must sign to view, unless a member of sender's account": Sender can choose to enable document visibility at envelope or template level. When enabled, all the documents that are sent together are still visible to any member of the sending account.
  5. Sender can set "must sign to view, unless sender": Sender can choose to enable document visibility at envelope or template level. When enabled, all the documents that are sent together are visible to Sender and not to members of the sending account.

Here is a helpful article by Sofian Saoudi - Solusign : https://www.solusign.com/blog/understand-and-set-up-docusign-document-visibility-in-4-easy-steps-in-2020

Hi @lucy,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.