Skip to main content

When I try to select “Recipient Privileges” for an EXISTING document, it is greyed out and locked. The feature is enabled in the account. The feature is accessible if I am creating a new template, but for existing templates, it will not allow me to access it. Any suggestions?

Hello, @alishadg 

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

Are you the owner of those templates? Or someone shared them with you?

Best,

Alexandre

Hello, 

I am not the owner of the template. However, I am the admin for the entire DS account at our org.

If I create a new template, the option is available to select. If this is an already existing and current template, it will not allow me that option, even if the “Recipient Privileges” is selected in the settings of the current account. 

OK, so it should work, but let’s do a test:

• Transfer the ownership from one of those templates with grayed-out settings to your user.
  • Logoff/Login again
  • Try to edit it, see what happens.

Best,

Alexandre 

I tried those steps, and unfortunately it did not work. 

@alishadg 

Just as a test, if you copy such template, see if the copied one has that options available or still the same.

If it stills the same, I suggest you to open a support case:

How to open a Support Case:

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport?language=en_US

Best,

Alexandre

I did that and still the same. I have opened a support case and pending update. Thanks so much!

Hello @alishadg ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!