Skip to main content

Hi All, 

My questions feels silly but i cannot find an answer. 

I am sending a document for signing and i have added three people that should recieve a copy, BUT will they only get the copy once signed?

I dont want them to get annoyed with constant emails of changes etc. 

Hello,

There is flexibility here in the platform.  DS provides the ability for customers to either cc when the document is sent, or cc after the document is signed.  It's all about the routing order that you set up when sending the document.  

• If you have the 3 people at the top of the order, they will get cc-ed as soon as the document is sent out.  
  • If you add them to the bottom of the routing order, they will be sent an email when the document is signed. Assuming all signatories where placed above them 

Please make sure to pay special attention to the routing order and the route number assigned to each individual.  In some cases you can cc both at the top and bottom depending on what type of visibility you want to share with certain stakeholders.  

I hope that was helpful and please click on solved if this answers your question!

Hello, 

Welcome to the DocuSign Support Community!

There aren't any silly questions and I'm glad that you felt comfortable enough to post it. I just want to reiterate that if you want the carbon copied document to be signed before they receive a copy, you would place the recipients at the end of the signing order. This will generate one email to them when the document is completed by the other signer(s).You can apply a signing order after you click on the Set Signing Order check box on the page where you have uploaded the document and added the recipients. If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thank you!

Donna

DocuSign Support Community Moderator

Thanks both for the help, luckily I did the above on accident. 

But now i know thats even better.  :)

This feature does not allow for the situation where you do not want a signing order but want an email address to only receive an executed copy.

I prefer not to use signing order as it leads to a longer processing time. For the simple reason that Signatory 2 must wait for Signatory 1. Add the fact that DocuSign does not have an email functionality so I need to send an email to all parties to alert them of the incoming DocuSign request. But Signatory 2 does not see this come through until Signatory 1 has signed.

This is in response to Donna's response: She said that using the Receives a Copy at the end of the signing order "will generate one email to them when the document is completed by the other signer(s)." Does that mean that if you use Receives a Copy at the start of a signing order, the recipient will receive more than one email as other recipients complete their signing actions?