Skip to main content

I’ve set up radio buttons for required either yes or no questions.  I can choose an option ‘No’, but i still get prompted to choose.  screen shot for reference.  this CHOOSE comes after I’ve made my selections for the entire list of questions. I hit the Next arrow and this pops up for all the questions.  How do i fix?  TIA!

@DebRoberts My first thought is that you may have setup the Radio Buttons as individual buttons and not as Radio Button Groups.   Radio Button Groups consists of taking  the Radio Button field and dropping it then selecting that field and then the “+” sign adding more buttons into the Radio Button Group, hence for three choices you add the field then select the “+” twice to make it one Radio Button Group with three buttons.   If you instead dropped a Radio Button field then dropped another then another you now have three Radio Button Groups with one button each and these three Radio Button Groups have no impact on one another so it would require you to select each button.   The Radio Button Group with three radio buttons would only require you to select one choice.  In this situation you need to go back and check the setup of the field.

@David.Schmitz thank you for the response.  I believe i did use the radio button group - screen shot shows the dotted line around both radio buttons yes and no

I changed the group label like so for each question.  #2 for one radio button and #2a for the next radio button Yes and No respectfully.   again, I still get the choose arrow even after the radio button is selected...any other ideas?

thanks so much for your help!

@DebRoberts Sometimes I accidentally layer Radio Buttons so it is possible that there are buttons layered under the buttons you added.  I would check that by clicking one of the buttons and using keyboard arrows to move it up or to the side. If that fails I would suggest removing the Radio Button Group entirely and re-adding them again.

@David.Schmitz here’s a screen shot of the list of questions and there’s nothing under the radio button.  what is the expected behavior?  Is the expected behavior such that when I make an initial choice, the tab moves to the next question?  Am I required to use the choose arrow for each question or can I move down the list of Yes / Nos to make my choice? TIA for your help David!!

@David.Schmitz.  the following are the steps I’m taking to assign the Radio Button groups for each of the questions.  An answer to each question is required, but only one choice.

blank 

next I’ll add the Radio button group to the first question

it’s marked as required

I’ve added a group label.  What other changes should I make to the group?

thanks so much for your hel!

@DebRoberts Everything via the screenshots looks correct but the Radio Buttons should be working as suggested where is a choice is made it should not be showing going to that field set when attempting to finish.  I would suggest wiping out the Radio Button Group for that question and starting over with a new Radio Button Group.   

Regarding the fields, they typically do not advance automatically so either using the mouse to select fields or the tab to move to the next field. Not required to use the Arrow, its more of a tool that redirects back to items that have been missed, so if a required question was missed it would go back to that question if it was not selected and the Recipient tried to Finish the envelope.

Radio groups are working for me the same way as DebRoberts reported. If I preselect Yes or No, it (the “FILL IN”, then “CHOOSE”prompt) traverses thru both choices anyway. If I select No, it will first take me to Yes and say its required. I then click thru that, and then it takes the No selection. Very awkward. I don’t remember it being like this before.

Hi @DebRoberts,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

I am also experiencing this same problem. Feels like a bug. It definitely give the recipient the impression that they much select each of the radio buttons, when they can select only one. Please address this.

Hi @cmb,

Thank you for following up.

I have tested this and was not able to reproduce this behavior on my account.

Are your radio buttons part of a conditional rule?

Also, have you confirmed if this happens consistently across different devices, networks and browsers?

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!