Skip to main content

Our client is asking us the following 2 questions, which I could not answer so far. Do you know it?

1. Which signature standard is used by the parties who sign with DocuSign? EES, AES, QES? Is there a disclaimer on signatures <=AES in our contract documents?
  2. Do you consider the merging of client's wet ink signature and DocuSign signatures as a media change/break? According to our internal legals, this could make the contracts voidable.

Thank you and kind regards

Robby

Hi @RobbyMarra !

Thank you for post in our Community! Let me try to help you with these two questions:

1. Docusign offers three types of signature: SES, AES and QES. The sender is responsible for choosing which type of signature will be used in a transaction. Just to emphasize that Docusign's default signature is SES, and that other "more advanced" signatures may have an extra cost, as well as requiring additional steps for end users to sign. You can get more information by navigating to this content: standards-based signature (SBS)
  2. Docusign has an "official" process for when a recipient wants to sign on paper. In short, this recipient has to be added normally to the envelope flow, and this recipient will choose to sign through the Print and Sign option, where this recipient will later scan the contract and upload it back to Docusign. This way, all traces of this process will be available in the Certificate of Completion.

I hope I could answer your question!

Thank you very much! This helps a lot :-)

Thank you very much! This helps a lot :-)

Hi @RobbyMarra !

I’m glad I could help you with it. If you have any other questions, just let us know! However, if I could answer your question, could you please "Select as Best" below my first answer? Thank you again!