Skip to main content

Hello, 

I work for a university that requires an offer letter be sent out once a year to all student employees. The bulk send option has been a godsend because there are really only 2 different documents I need to send out. My question is there a way to have it so in the student’s name (usually signer 2) auto populates on the document so when they receive it the beginning starts with Dear “Student’s Name,”? I usually have the first signer be the supervisor so if I put the name field in at the beginning it’s blank when the first signer gets it. 

Similarly, is there something I can include in the Email Subject line that pulls a specific signers name, not just the recipient's name? I know to use  kData:RecipientName]] in the subject but is there something similar to that but it would be like woData:Role2Name]]

Thanks for your help!

Jamie Lyons

@jlyons445 Question 1: Use “Name” field in tagging screen but assign the color of that field to the appropriate Recipient color in the upper left dropdown. Although Recipient 1 is taking action on the envelope for fields assigned to Recipient 1, the “Name” that is shown after Dear “Name” would be the assigned Recipient 2 for example hence the Student Name appears.

Question 2: For a Template the “Email Subject” has an icon that looks like an arrow inside a box where you can select either the Name or Email address of any Recipient on the envelope workflow.  This icon/merge info option only exists in the Email Subject within a Template. Looks something like this when added to the Subject edStudent_UserName]] (structure is dependent on the Recipient Role name).

Hi @jlyons445,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.