Skip to main content

Can I post a link to one of my templates to a public website?  If so, please provide link to instructions

Thnx

Your DocuSign plan may nor may not include a feature called (https://www.docusign.com/features-and-benefits/features/powerforms) PowerForms . PowerForms are basically a self-service wrapper around a template that provides a URL you can publish on your website or email to specific people who need to fill out a form. Rather than you sending an envelope to a specific recipient, anyone with access to the link can inititate an envelope and sign as the first recipient in the template's workflow.

The template must have the first recipient defined as a Role only (no name or email address). The person who clicks the link will be prompted to enter their name and email to fulfill that Role and then begin signing the document(s) in your template.  The template may have additional recipients defined beyond that but they will receive an email requesting them to sign after the initiator completes their signing.

Read more about (https://support.docusign.com/guides/ndse-user-guide-using-powerforms) Using PowerForms .

Regards,

Michael

how do I find out if I have been gifted with this feature??

You can tell by the plan you currently have with DocuSign, see https://www.docusign.com/products-and-pricing

Also you could check with your DocuSign Administrator.

does not appear to be accurate for trial accounts

Typically trials within the first 30 day period have all features, but I do not see that information on the plan link I sent as those are paid plans. I would suggest a DocuSign case to see if this is offered as a feature in the trial period.

Back again - I have the powerforms feature and so how does one Publish link to on website?????????

This unfortunately is outside of my DocuSign knowledge and enters the realm of website and webpage design via HTML, I believe it requires a HREF tag, so I would suggest looking up more information on "adding a link to a webpage" or contact whomever built or maintains to website for further assistance. The only thing DocuSign provides in the Powerfrom URL, you need to place that in your webpage, via link or button.

NO it isn't. I just need to know what the URL would be.

"Embed that URL into your website, or send to signers, who can then fill out forms and sign documents on a self-serve basis."

How to obtain the URL?

I contacted Docusign three months ago after I last posed the question and staff at the time noted this wasn't well documented in support. I wish I wrote down the instructions - but I didn't and have forgotten how they told me what to do. Online chat is not available right now and I was hoping to do this task again. It is straight up - how does one obtain the URL?

1. Upload your document into DocuSign, and save the tags and workflow settings as a reusable template.
  2. Enable PowerForm usage on that template.
  3. 3. Embed the URL

I can embed the URL but I cannot find where the URL is to embed it.

Apologies, I thought the ask was more on how to embed the URL rather that where to locate the Powerform URL. Here are the steps I use:

1) Login to DocuSign and go to Templates.

2) Locate the Powerform

3) Click anywhere on the Powerform, it shows the line highlighted in a light blue.

4) This should bring you into a screen where you see an "Actions" in the bottom right corner

5) Click on Actions and select "Copy URL"