Skip to main content

How I can solve the following problems?

1- When the powerform has been completed, if the FO accesses the link again he receives no warning that the powerform process has been already completed. Do you know if exists a way to have a block in case of accidentally re-accesses the same email?

2- It seems that the hyperlink can also be used by e-mail addresses other than those who received the powerform. Is it possible to set some sort of block for each powerform sent, so that it cannot be forwarded by the recipient to be used by another e-mail address?

3- What the function is for quantity-based usage setting in the advanced options?

thank you for your support

BR

Hello @mmonaco!

Powerforms and Webforms are accessed through the (same) unique URL generated when the form is created. You can distribute this URL directly to recipients by email, or you can embed the URL in a web page for recipients to access.
The idea of ​​using a Powerform/Webform is to distribute it to multiple people at the same time, so that they can access and fill out/sign the documents.

However, based on the scenario of your questions, the idea of ​​limiting/controlling these URLs may be a challenge for you. Indeed, if a person receives this URL and shares it, other people will also be able to access it (and Powerforms was built for be a “public URL”). If you don't want this, perhaps one of the suggestions for your use case would be to replace your Powerform to a Template.

Using a Template, you will only need to inform the email address of the person who will need to sign, and then send the envelope. They will receive a single envelope for signature, and if they try to access the same link to "check signature status", it will not generate another envelope (different from the Powerform scenario, which generates a new process).
Furthermore, they will not be able to share the link with other people, as the link is unique and will be used for that envelope only.

Regarding your use limitation issue, both are possible to control how many envelopes can be used. In Porwerforms, you can limit the number of responses. With Templates, the envelope will only be sent when you start the process.

Please, check if my suggestion above makes sense for your scenario. If you want even more details, check out this article: PowerForms vs. Templates

I hope I was helpfull!

Hi @Vinicius.Rodrigues ,

thank you so much for your kind reply.

Basically, is not possible to avoid this problem and also there is not a way also to avoid duplicates and to have a block in case the dealer accidentally re-accesses the same email. Fo example, if we send to a partner a powerform  and the reseller complete the signature and so on, if he accesses the URL of the same powerform again he receives no warning that the powerform has already been completed if he tries to click on the same link again, the powerform opens again and allows a second submission

also in this it seems to me that there is no solution, right?

Thank you

BR

Hi @mmonaco !

Regarding preventing the same person from filling in again, one of the solutions is to use the "Minimum Time Between Responses" feature (available on Options tab, during the Template Creation/Edition).

This feature specifies how often the PowerForm can generate an envelope by the same person. This limit controls how often the same person (same name and email combination) can sign the same PowerForm. In other words, you can set a “big” limit to avoid it.

However, if the same customer uses a different email, it won’t be possible to prevent it.

Hello @mmonaco ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having a couple of issues with your PowerForms, I understand that it is mostly the fact that the intended recipients are able to access more than once the link to the PowerForm.

Please see the below responses:

1. There isn’t a way to completely prevent a recipient from accessing a PowerForm again, however, there is a way to prevent the recipients to access the PowerForm several times in a row. The best option would be “Set usage limit by time between responses”, this feature controls how often the same recipient can access a PowerForm after their first time, meaning, if John Doe completes their PowerForm and the setting is set to 48 hours, John will not be able to access the PowerForm until the 48 hours have passed. There are limits with this feature though, the recipient won’t be able to access the PowerForm using the same email address and same name in a row but if they change it the PowerForm will view them as a different person.
  2. Unfortunately, there isn’t an option to do so within Docusign, this would be something that would need to be configured in the email server if possible.
  3. The Quantity-based option limits the PowerForm responses, meaning, if you set the limit to 20, the PowerForm will be active until it gets 20 responses (this could be the same recipient or if you have the feature mentioned in my response above then it could be 20 different recipients), once it gets 20 it will automatically deactivate.

For more information, please view the following link: Create a PowerForm

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello

with concern the first issue:

1. There isn’t a way to completely prevent a recipient from accessing a PowerForm again, however, there is a way to prevent the recipients to access the PowerForm several times in a row. The best option would be “Set usage limit by time between responses”, this feature controls how often the same recipient can access a PowerForm after their first time, meaning, if John Doe completes their PowerForm and the setting is set to 48 hours, John will not be able to access the PowerForm until the 48 hours have passed. There are limits with this feature though, the recipient won’t be able to access the PowerForm using the same email address and same name in a row but if they change it the PowerForm will view them as a different person.

If I correctly understood your example, if John Doe completes their PowerForm and the setting is set to 48 hours, John will not be able to access the PowerForm until the 48 hours have passed. → It means that after 48 hours John Doe should be able to access to the powerform with the same email address, right?

If he try to log in before 48 hours with the same e-mail you will not succeed, but will display a blocking message? 

thank you

Hi @mmonaco !

Yes, if the customer try to refill the form using the same combination (Name + Email) there will be an error message saying like this example below:

Unable to load PowerForm signature process. Error: This document can only be signed after 7/12/2024 11:02:08 PM. Contact the sender of this document for more information.

Hello

is there a possibility to send to the recipient an authomatic email when the powerform is signed or the process is completed?

I try to explain, when I send the powerform, the sender receives an email that informs him/her about the visualization of the document from the recipient and also an email when the recipient has signed or completed the process.

is there a way in order that also the recipient receives an authomatic email that informs him/her completed the process?

thank you

Hello

is there a possibility to send to the recipient an authomatic email when the powerform is signed or the process is completed?

I try to explain, when I send the powerform, the sender receives an email that informs him/her about the visualization of the document from the recipient and also an email when the recipient has signed or completed the process.

is there a way in order that also the recipient receives an authomatic email that informs him/her completed the process?

thank you

Hi @mmonaco !

Receiving an email immediately after completing the powerform is currently not possible, however at the end of the process (when everyone has signed) everyone in the envelope flow (including those who started the powerform) will receive a confirmation email.

However, once the person signs the document through a powerform, there are two confirmation messages (see below):

Hello @mmonaco ,

If you found our response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!