Skip to main content

Can you send a request to sign a document from a personal account to a business account Shared Folder?

@SeanCharlson DocuSign envelopes can be sent to anyone whether they have a DocuSign Account or they do not.  I am not sure what is meant by “shared folder” in this situation so that may require you to clarify.  If the Recipient has a DocuSign Account they see the envelope arrive into their “Inbox”.  The Recipient can manually move the envelope to another folder (shared) and the Sender could do the same with the envelope in their account but this is not an automated process, meaning envelopes do not move from one folder to another once completed or from some other action.  It would be a nice feature if that is what you are looking for within DocuSign. 

Because I am unsure what is meant by shared folder, I would also state that you can send the completed documents from an envelope over to alternate storage locations like Sharepoint, or Box by associating the storage location with an email address which is possible for BOX folders and for Sharepoint folders via Teams channels.  If I did not touch upon your exact issue please feel free to add details so I can provide clarity.

Hi @SeanCharlson,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!