Skip to main content

I am a receiver only, I do not send documents for signature. I recently logged in to my account with my email and password to retrieve a previously signed document. I was then asked for a passkey or a biometric verification. How do I create a passkey or face recognition? 

Hello @jburgess18 ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand that when you logged in to retrieve a document it requested a security key or the use of biometrics and you would like to know how to activate them.

Sure, this can be done by going to: 

1. Click on your profile image and select "Manage Profile".
  2. Select "Privacy & Security". If prompted, log in to your account to authenticate.
  3. Click on "Get Started" to verify a secondary email or phone to meet the minimum requirement for enabling two-step verification.
  4. Follow the guided setup to verify and add your selected method. You can choose either a phone number or a secondary email.
  5. Add other authentication methods such as an authenticator app, security keys, or biometrics.
  6. In the "Sign-In Security" section, click the "Two-Step Verification" toggle to enable the feature.

For a more visual way to view the steps provided above, please view: Set Up Two Step Verification

And for more information on the Security key and Biometrics, please view: Use a Security Key or Biometrics for Two Step Verification

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue

Hello @jburgess18 ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

If one can’t get past the bio page; then one cannot sign on to get to profile image. Now what?

Hello @Iwanano ,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you want to know what happens if you can not login to the account due to Biometrics being enabled.

For Docusign to request Biometrics or any other 2 step verification, this should have been enabled previously by the user. If for some reason you can not login to the account due to 2 step verification, please reach out to Docusign support for assistance: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue

Hello @Iwanano ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!