Skip to main content

Being new to DocuSign, my company is getting electronic signatures from other vendors, the following question came up and I thought I would ask the community.  Let me know what you think.  My initial answer to them is yes, we should be ok.  Thanks

should we expect all electronic signature providers (e.g. Adobe) to have something similar to a Certificate of Completion?  It’s my understanding we can accept electronic signatures that we did not originate as long as we have that Certificate.

@Todd Ritrievi 

When it comes to electronic signatures, having a Certificate of Completion is essential for verifying the validity of a signed document. 

DocuSign offers a court-admissible Certificate of Completion that includes a comprehensive digital audit trail.

Adobe Sign also provides an audit trail (sometimes called an audit log or certificate of completion).

Your understanding is correct: You can accept electronic signatures that you did not originate, as long as you have the appropriate documentation. 

But again, always refer back to your legal team and your internal esignature policies.

@Todd Ritrievi

Adding an additional point to @JohnSantos correct explanation about the subject:

• DocuSign has the most elevated Certification level of Security and Privacy that makes USA agencies use our platform.
  • CoC is an essential part of that.

Adobe has as explained also something like that, but I’d like to say: eSignature is not their core business, at Docusign that is our core business so we’re constantly improving in terms of features, solutions, and Security.

Best,

Alexandre 

@JohnSantos @Alexandre.Augusto thank you so much for the replies.  i appreciate it!  

Hello @Todd Ritrievi ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!