Skip to main content

I'm trying to create and envelope with multiple templates in it.

When I create a new envelope, the only options for adding documents from are Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive.

Ideas?

TIA

This is likely a Permission Set issue. Inside the Permission Set is a dropdown for Templates, as seen in the uploaded screenshot. If your Permission Set associated to your DocuSign User does not have at minimum, the "Use" for Templates, then you would not be able to apply or Use a Template during envelope creation. Talk to your DocuSign Admin to have them review the current Permission Set or potentially assign a new Permission Set if applicable.

screenshot

Perfect, I am the Admin.

I've created a new permission set but how do you assign a user to more than one permission set?

I keep getting a message about being charged for another user.

One DocuSign User can only have one Permission Set assigned. Its really a matter of creating unique Permission Sets based on what you need that User or User(s) to perform. So if you have 10 Users who do not need to "Use" Templates, but 1 does need that Permission, then a new Permission Set could be created and applied to the single User.

Regarding the message or error....wasnt sure when you get the message, but of course there could be Account restrictions that may need to be reviewed to see if you are only allowed a certain number of Users or Permission Sets.

Since I'm an Admin, why don't I have the ability to create,share and use templates?

Why would an Admin role have watered down permissions?

Is your Permission Set specifically called "DS Admin"? Basically DocuSign Accounts come pre-loaded with 3 Permission Sets, DS Viewer, DS Sender, and DS Admin. DS Admin has all permissions and cannot be altered. However, if there were other Permission Sets created to be similar to a DS Admin, but for some reason the permissions were altered that would explain why your permissions could be watered down.

Yes, DS Admin.

But it's Templates section is set to share so I can't use them in envelopes.

"Share" on the Template on the Permission Set is actually the highest permission and allows for "use, create, and share" based on the following DocuSign article....

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-admin-guide-permission-sets

Can you share a screenshot of the options you see in whatever action you are trying to take. What I am picturing is you are creating a new envelope "Send an Envelope", but you do not see the "Use a Template", only Upload, and Cloud Storage like BOX, Google, is that a correct description?

yes, correct

One additional question, if you login and go to Templates across the very top, then New, are you able to see Create Template, Upload Template, (possibly Create Powerform). There are some restrictions based on DocuSign Account so if you do not have Template options as described I could only think that this functionality is not enabled at an Account level.

Capture

So I see from the screenshot the option to "Use" shows to the right. At least that gives you an alternative. No error when selecting "Use" on a Template?

Why it does not show "Use a Template" on the envelope creation screen is a bit of a mystery but perhaps it needs to be enabled somewhere on the DocuSign side. I would at this point create a DocuSign case to get resolution.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.