Skip to main content
Once you have sent a DocuSign and the recipient has completed it can the cc'd recipient or the main recipient log back into the email at a later date and view the DocuSign content?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I understand that you are looking to confirm if your signers retain access to completed documents upon envelope completion, and I will gladly share more details on the topic.

Signers that own an existing DocuSign user will always be able to find previously signed documents in their eSignature inbox and through the envelope completion notification.

When it comes to signers that do not own a DocuSign user, they will only be able to access through the email link in the future.

For more details on this topic, see:

How do I access the DocuSign documents that I signed?

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Is there a way to block it so the cc’d recipient cannot view the documents in the future via the email?

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

Since the notification preferences are only managed through the user's profile, senders lack access to suppressing them.

At this moment there is no option in the web application that would allow you to work around this behavior.

Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

I encourage you to take into consideration submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation. 

We’ll provide it to the Product team that is closely aligned with the area associated with the feedback. They will review it and determine the next steps. 

In the near future, we will have a Community section that is dedicated to customer suggestions/feedback. You all will have the ability to upvote on what’s important and needed.  

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request directly when you’re logged into your account. You’ll be able to click the “Give Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen in order to submit your idea. 

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

Hello,

I’m sorry I’m not sure if I completely understand your answer. Are you saying as long the recipient has the initial email from DocuSign asking them to complete paperwork, they can return to that email and open the paperwork even after the paperwork has been completed?

For example if I sent John Doe paperwork on Aug 23, 2023 and he signs and completes it, can he log back into his email on Oct 1, 2023 and reopen the document?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching back.

That is correct, all recipients in an envelope will retain access to the signed documents, either through the email link or their DocuSign account.

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!