Skip to main content

My boss changed the signature, but when she try to sign, the previous signature appears instead of the updated one. She has tried clearing the cache and logging out, but the new signature still doesn't apply. How can I fix this?

Hi @Okjung Gong !

Basing in your words, I think the main reason of this is the combination Name+Email. Let me explain better:

When you create/adopt a signature in the DocuSign platform, it’s important to pay attention to the combination Name+Email you used. In short, DocuSign allows a user to have more than one account for the exact same e-mail address, and also, for each account, you can have more than one different combination Name+Email. In other words, supposing that you created a signature with the name “Vinicius ABC DSU”, but you received an envelope to sign with the name “Vinicius DSU”, DocuSign could ask you (recipient) to apply a new signature for this new combination (Name+Email). Let me show you a simple example:

Ngs1mW013ar7uX3084Pa9Ec4Buumr0AVrv9PcdsnPsY1oB7cRdaz_aAkK0f9rIrTzEOVm-G5XRyNSomKEtwEhRTKh2HQ1LpZz1deXKIQ3RqjR_jsfmEo3kU2FB18KSuKtB8i_nKUEqUBd0WaM1vvXxY

So, supposing you’re sending an envelope to me, depending on the combination (Name+Email) you send, I can have three different types of signatures.

To “solve” it, you can use eSignature Contacts, so you and your colleagues can share the same contact (with the same combination). Check this article for more information: Manage Contacts

The other possibility is to guide your boss to click in her signature and click on Change. She’ll be able to change the signature style.

KnjkzQ0ZvIBDv6tkwMdRGSKx801k4J2Ci_0za7nzDODQFupL-Kvv-_KM8FovyTxq1hnsiYFp7rgSrLOFmBpU8g7IYnB_txZeKWaGkCIG1JrpZwgU4qtBw5uXFOG83yXZXVf1cJFGVaVB5S8OOkAWWvs

When I click on the signature field, I don't see the 'change' and 'clear' dropdowns like the screen you showed. And only one signature is registered in her profile.

When I click on the signature field, I don't see the 'change' and 'clear' dropdowns like the screen you showed. And only one signature is registered in her profile.

Hi @Okjung Gong !
If you can, try to send a new envelope to her using the exact combination (Name + Email). You can double-check her registered e-mail in her created signature to perform this text.

If still doesn’t work, I suggest she can two (or more) accounts created under the same e-mail address. If this is the scenario, only Customer Support can check and close those extra accounts.

Hi @Okjung Gong,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.